The affordable 303 Series 802.11ac Wave 2 campus access points deliver high performance to medium density enterprise environments such as schools, retail branches, warehouses, hotels and enterprise offices, where the environment is cost sensitive. As a Unified AP, they can be operated with (ArubaOS mode) or without a controller (InstantOS mode).
The AP-303P includes a second Ethernet port with PoE out to daisy-chain the wired network to connect and power any network device such as IP camera, IoT gateway, or even a second access point. This feature results in reducing the cost and simplifying the installation of multiple devices by sharing switch ports and cabling. The AP-303P has integrated Zigbee radio for IoT connectivity.
With an integrated Bluetooth radio, the 303 APs can be used as an Aruba beacon for advanced location and indoor wayfinding, asset tracking, and proximity-based push notification services. Also for improved network simplicity and security, Dynamic Segmentation automatically enforces real-time device-level access policies on Aruba wired and wireless networks.
- Unified AP – deploy with or without controller. The 303 Series access points can be deployed in either controller-based (ArubaOS) or controller-less (InstantOS) deployment mode
- Dual Radio 2x2 802.11ac access point with Multi-User MIMO (wave 2). Supports up to 867Mbps in the 5GHz band (with 2SS/VHT80 client devices) and up to 300Mbps in the 2.4GHz band (with 2SS/HT40 clients). Backwards compatible with 100/1000Base-T.
- Built-in Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) radio. Enables location based services with BLE-enabled mobile devices receiving signals from multiple Aruba Beacons at the same time. Enables asset tracking when used with Aruba Asset Tags.
- Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC). Minimizes interference from 3G/4G cellular networks, distributed antenna systems and commercial small cell/femtocell equipment.
- Quality of service for unified communications applications. Supports priority handling and policy enforcement for unified communication apps, including Skype for Business with encrypted videoconferencing, voice, chat and desktop sharing.
- RF Management. Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) technology automatically assigns channel and power settings, provides airtime fairness and ensures that APs stay clear of all sources of RF interference to deliver reliable, high-performance WLANs. The Aruba 303 Series Access Points can be configured to provide part-time or dedicated air monitoring for spectrum analysis and wireless intrusion protection, VPN tunnels to extend remote locations to corporate resources, and wireless mesh connections where Ethernet drops are not available.
- Spectrum analysis. Capable of part-time or dedicated air monitoring, the spectrum analyzer remotely scans the 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio bands to identify sources of RF interference from HT20 through VHT80 operation.
- Security. Integrated wireless intrusion protection offers threat protection and mitigation, and eliminates the need for separate RF sensors and security appliances. IP reputation and security services identify, classify, and block malicious files, URLs and IPs, providing comprehensive protection against advanced online threats. Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials and keys.
- Education sector
- Spectrum analysis
- ZigBee for IoT services
- System integration (voice, data and video)